LVI-Trained Dentist Serving Oakton, Vienna, McLean and Nearby Northern Virginia
The 3D cone-beam scanner provides a high-definition image of your mouth and head. Our dentist Dr. Michael Chung uses this technology to plan complex dental procedures, including full mouth rejuvenation, for patients living in Fairfax, Reston, Arlington, Alexandria and Oakton, Northern Virginia, as well as Washington, DC.
To find out how our advanced dental technology fits into your custom smile treatment plan, please call Softouch Dental Care at 703-319-6990 today.
Advantages of Cone-Beam Scanning
The 3D cone-beam scanner lets us plan your dental procedure with maximum efficiency. The advantages of this device include:
- 3D imaging of the skull, teeth and jaw
- Clear, high-definition image
- Completed in mere seconds
- Completely painless
The 3D image is created instantly, and you and Dr. Chung can view the images on the computer screen. Using this technology, we can see your teeth, tooth roots, jaws, gums, bone and sinuses at every possible angle. We can change the magnification and orientation of the image. The high-definition picture lets us see your mouth and head in great detail.
For certain complex dentistry procedures, the cone-beam scanner provides Dr. Chung with the information he needs to plan and map out your treatment for optimal results. At Softouch Dental Care, we may use this X-ray device for:
- Implant dentistry: Dr. Chung can see whether bone is deficient at the implant site. He can also see whether nerves, blood vessels or your sinuses are near the implant site. The ideal positioning of your dental implant can be more accurately determined with this technology.
- Diagnosing the cause of TMD: Causes of temporomandibular dysfunction can be more accurately diagnosed with a clear image of your jaws, temporomandibular joint and tooth alignment.
- Orthodontics: Image provides a detailed depiction of bite alignment and position of teeth. Dr. Chung is able to see how teeth and roots must move to achieve the most comfortable and functional bite.
Dr. Chung will help you determine if the scanner is right for your dentistry procedure.
A Simple X-Ray Process
The 3D scan is a quick, easy process. As you sit in the device's seat, a scanner will make a single rotation around your head. The x-rays emitted from the scanner are in a cone shape, hence the device's name. The entire scan takes only seconds, after which Dr. Chung will have an immediate image on the computer screen.
We believe our patients deserve comfortable, state-of-the-art technology. Dr. Chung is one of a select few dentists who houses this type of scanner at his practice.
To find out if the 3D cone-beam scanner is right for your procedure, and to learn more about our general dentistry services for people living in Oakton, Reston, Fairfax, Alexandria, and Arlington, Northern Virginia, please contact Softouch Dental Care by calling 703-319-6990 to schedule a consultation.