LVI-Trained Dentist Serving Oakton, Vienna, McLean and Nearby Northern Virginia
One of the services that Softouch Dental Care is glad to offer you is laser dentistry. Our soft tissue laser is a subtle and powerful tool that we use for gum recontouring.
A gummy smile can be an embarrassment, making your teeth look too short, like a child’s smile. In days gone by, dentists used to use a scalpel for reshaping gums to correct a gummy smile. Now this cosmetic gum procedure is quick and easy, with virtually no recovery time. For more information, please call 703-319-6990 to schedule a cosmetic consultation with Dr. Chung.
Advantages of the Soft Tissue Laser
A gummy smile is created when gum tissue extends too far along the tooth surfaces. With gum recontouring, Dr. Chung vaporizes tiny pieces of the gums to reveal more of your teeth.
Gum recontouring is a simple procedure because:
- Little or no local anesthetic is needed. If you would like it, that’s fine. We also offer sedation dentistry to help with anxiety if you would like.
- The laser is very precise, with a small, directed beam. Dr. Chung controls its settings to remove only the gum tissue that is necessary to remove, and no more.
- The laser seals gum tissue as it works, thus preventing bleeding, which in turn prevents infection.
- There is no cutting done. The laser directs a controlled amount of heat to a pre-determined depth, which breaks the connections between gum tissue cells. This causes those cells to disappear into the air – they’re vaporized.
- There is no burning or any damage to the teeth or gums.
After your treatment, you can return to your day’s activities. The results are instantly visible and will make an enormous difference in your smile.
Why Choose Softouch Dental Care
At our office in Northern Virginia, we like to see only two or three patients each day, so we can give you our full attention and make sure you are comfortable during your visit. We believe you should know about the procedures you are having, and we are very happy to answer all of your questions. To schedule your initial cosmetic dentistry consultation, please call 703-319-6990 or email Softouch Dental Care today.